Monday, February 3, 2014

France: Couldn't get things Right in the Past, Can't get things Right in the Present


France is a nation of proud people. Having been to France and meeting such arrogant people, I decided that would be the last time I visit. France is a country that is struggling, and the only income coming in is tourism (which is already low). France has been ruled by a kings, madmen, and conquerors, each of these groups failing to establish a stable country. Today we see a version of that France with a modern fling.  The French people were inspired by the American Revolution about a century later hoping that could shake the shackles of absolutism. In present day France, people still have little faith in government because for them “nothing works right”. There is a high unemployment status, retirees can no long retire, poverty is rising, and this is sending France on a [more] downward spiral.

I find it rather humorous that France gives grants to public schools in a push to teach French (where is this money coming from??). French was a language used among politics, but that era is over. Nonetheless, it is good for students to be immersed in a dual-language program

1 comment:

  1. That is something else Gabby. I think I was looking at the perspective of France from an arrogant point of view. I am not one to talk since I have not visited France, but from the reading I had concluded that the general public were the ones who brought life to modern French government. The book made it seem that they came from a long way and I had truly felt that as well. The sad part is that France, and the rude people you are talking about does not do France a whole lot of justice. I feel that there is so much more that meets the eye. I hope one day I can experience France for myself, and see the real side of things.
    P.S: I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete